ON FURNACE ELECTRODE JOINTING ROBOT
• Designed for Electric Arc or Ladle Refining Furnaces, adds electrodes “on furnace” to eliminate off furnace oxidation.
• Operated from the melt shop floor, reduces accident exposure compared to manual on furnace addition or electrode column exchange.
• Hydraulically torques electrodes (2 and 4 tpi) to manufacturers exacting specifications.
• Quick (2-3 minute power off) electrode additions, or live additions.
• Prevents cross threading of electrodes.
• Holds the electrode column while slipping electrodes.
• Radio controlled for freedom of operators.
• PLC controlled to prevent human error.
• HMI provides complete system control and diagnostics.
• Machine has manual reverse to allow removal of previously joined electrode segments.
• Designed for easy crane pickup and rapid access to the furnace column it is compatible with all electrode holders.
• Machine has motorized rotation for control of approach to electrode holders and hydraulic suspension cylinders to prevent offloading the full weight(**) of the machine on the arms.
• Machine works with electrode socket covers and onboard air compressor.
• Onboard hydraulic self contained system.
• Onboard video camera and spot illumination.
• Inclinometer leveling display.
• UPS battery backup for robot emergency clamps release from radio remote control.
(**) The enhanced offloading system allowes to keep 100% of the robot weight suspended on crane hook.